BioStart Digester is widely used in New Zealand vineyards, orchards and other horticultural crops to promote the rapid breakdown of prunings, leaf litter, old roots and post-harvest crop trash. Digester speeds up the decomposition of prunings and/or crop trash by activating the decomposition microbes already present in your vineyard, orchard or paddock.
- Efficient return of nutrients and organic matter to the soil which improves plant nutrition.
- Increases the soil’s cation exchange capacity (CEC).
- Increases the soil’s water holding capacity.
- Improves soil aeration.
- Increases root growth by breaking down old roots in mature orchards and vineyards.
- Reduces disease pressure in crops by reducing the ability of many fungal and bacterial pathogens to bridge between plants on crop residue.
Want more information?